WILLIAM GRANT STEVENSON
Banker; Alexis, Warren County; is a son of Joseph and Belle (Green) Stevenson. His father was born in Adams County, Ohio, and his mother in Pennsylvania. Until his retirement from active life, his father was a farmer, and he is now the owner of land in Missouri.
He and his wife are living at Monmouth, and are members of the United Presbyterian Church of that city. William G. Stevenson was born at Monmouth, October 27, 1865, and was educated in the public schools and at Monmouth College. After the completion of his studies he was, for three years, in the employ of the Weir Plow Company, of Monmouth, and on October 18, 18S7, he came to Alexis and established the Bank of Alexis, of which he has been cashier ever since.
He is a Republican and a member of the United Presbyterian Church. For six years he served as a member of Company H, Sixth Regiment Illinois National Guard. Mr. Stevenson married, September 22, 1887, to Ella Kobler, who was born at Monmouth in 1865, a daughter of G. J. Kobler, senior member of the firm of Kobler & Sons, and Anna (Stein) Kobler. Mr. and Mrs. Kobler are natives of Germany, were brought to America in their childhood by their parents, and were married at Mount Pleasant. Iowa. They have children named Ricka L., Anna Belle and Joseph Kobler Stevenson.
Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois
Submitted by the Webmaster
©Wini Caudell and Contributors
All Rights Reserved