GEORGE R WILSON
Dairy farmer; Monmouth Township; is the proprietor of the Lombardy Lawn Dairy Farm, which was established as such by Dr. Felix Regnier. more than twenty-two years ago, and which has been operated as a dairy farm continuously to the present time. Mr. Wilson was born in Winterset County, Iowa, in 1855, a son of R. C. and Jane (Gilchrist) Wilson, natives of Indiana. R. C. Wilson settled in Warren County in 1853, and soon removed to Winterset County, Iowa.
In 1856 he relocated in Monmouth, where he prospered as a harness maker, became prominent as a citizen, and died in 1864. His wife, who died at Monmouth March 27, 1902, bore him eight children, as follows: Mamie, who is dead; William, who died in Nebraska in 1900; Mrs. Edith Hood, Marshalltown, la.; Mrs. Harriet Geer, of Livingston, Mont.; George R.; Van L., who is a grocer at Monmouth; Mrs. Inez Huber, of Stonewall, Colo.; Mrs. Carrie Johnson, of St. Mary, Iowa.
George R. Wilson was reared and educated at Monmouth and was a salesman in a store until he engaged in the dairy busi ness. He bought the Lombardy Dairy Farm in 1898, owns a herd of thirty-five cattle and has an established milk and butter route in Monmouth. He married, in Monmouth, in 1876, Calista Boggs, daughter of James Boggs, of DesMoines, Iowa, who has borne him the following named children: Fred L., of Meeke, Colo.; Mrs. Edith Geer, of Livingston, Mont.; Claude; Bernice; Reuben and Clifford. Mr. Wilson is a member of Monmouth Lodge, No. 577, Independent Order of Odd Fellows, the Ben Hur Insurance Order, and Monmouth Tent, No. 24, K. 0. T. M.
Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois
©Wini Caudell and Contributors
All Rights Reserved