LIGHTSVILLE

This place, four and a half miles east of Adeline, having a post-office, called " Wales," was laid off about thirty years ago by A. Q. Allen, on the land of John Light.
It has a store by J. B. Bertolet, who is also postmaster; three blacksmith shops; a hotel, by Mr. Windhurst; a wagon shop, church, schoolhouse, and about one hundred and fifty inhabitants.
The post-office was established in 1850, with Fleming Welch as post­master.
The first settlers of this vicinity were David Hunter, Joseph Meyers and a Mr. Snyder, who settled here in 1836.

 

History of Ogle County-1878

 

© Wini Caudell and Contributors

All Rights Reserved

Illinois Ancestors