HALDANE

This is a flourishing village situated near the centre of Lincoln Township, on the Illinois Central Railroad, four and one half miles south of Forreston, and one and a quarter miles west of Maryland Station, on the Chicago & Iowa Railroad.

The village presents a thrifty and growing appearance. It has a general store, by H. J. Garman ; a billiard hall and saloon by Thomas Coggin; a boot and shoeshop, school and many other buildings and residences. It has also a physician, Dr. Snyder.

 

History of Ogle County-1878

 

© Wini Caudell and Contributors

All Rights Reserved

Illinois Ancestors