Located on section 56 in Suez township.
" What is death ? Tis to be free— No more to hope, to love, nor fear."
Contiguous to the grounds owned by the Presbyterian church is located the Norwood cemetery. The first person buried here was a child of Alexander McKenstry in 1854.
The association which has this cemetery in charge was organized under the state law in 1877. and received its charter in 1881. The present officers are: president, Thomas Likely; secretary. George M. Evans ; treasurer, John Hutchison ; trustees. John Lafferty, J. D. Porter, William P. Morgan. The neatly kept grounds indicate the feeling of reverence and love entertained by the surrounding community for their departed dead.
Tombstone pictures located at: http://www.illinoisancestors.org/cemphotos/v/mercer/norwood/