The Alexis Cemetery was established in 1876.
The original tract of two acres being purchased of Dr J P McClanahan. several additions have since been added, until it contains at present approximately six and one fourth acres. A small tract beyond the present cemetery, across Tompkins creek had served temporarily as a burial place, however it was discontinued after the new cemetery was established, and the remains of the several buried there were removed to the new location. The remains of John M. Patterson whose death was in 1875 was the first interment)
©Wini Caudell and Contributors
All Rights Reserved