E. K. Dyson
Cashier of the Bank of Woodhull, was born in Medina Co., Ohio , Sept. 16, 1856, and is the son of John W. and Arethusa M. (King) Dyson, who were natives respectively of England and New York State. His father was a wagon-maker and carriage manufacturer for many years, sold out in 1867, moved to Galva, this county, and is now a resident of that place. The subject of this sketch received a liberal education at the public schools, and at the age of 16 years left home, and for three and a half years was engaged in a store at Galva; then for two years was general clerk in the postoffice at that place; next for nearly two years he was an employee in Beck’s Bank at Galva; then was a book-keeper for two years in Butters & Ober’s agricultural store; and in 1878 he came to Woodhull and took charge of the books in the Farmers’ Bank for 15 months; then for a time he was with H. Higgins, in partnership with whom he purchased the Farmers’ Bank, and conducted the same for a year. Mr. Higgins then sold his interest to the firm of Howell, Woods & Co., April 1, 1880 , since which time they have managed the business of the concern.
Mr. Dyson was married Sept. 16, 1879 , to Miss Carrie L. Rayley, a native of Ohio . Mr. D., is a Republican in his political sentiments, and both himself and wife are members of the Presbyterian Church, he holding the offices of Elder and Deacon. He holds the office of Township Treasurer, and is one of the leading men of Woodhull, known to be philanthropic, public-spirited and ever ready to lend a helping hand to every movement calculated to e a public benefit.
1885 Portrait & Biographical Album of Henry Co., Illinois page 456
Transcribed by Jan Roggy
©Wini Caudell and Contributors
All Rights Reserved